Wave of rain will continue to weaken & depart, followed by some peeks of sun appearing from west to east this afternoon. With this heating, additional numerous scattered showers/t'showers will bubble up.
Given the very moist airmass & low cloud bases, along with some heating & all of the vorticity as well as low level shear, a couple funnel clouds are possible this afternoon. These types rarely touch down, but be mindful, they have done so with rarity in the past (produced EF0 damage). In fact, one such funnel produced a landspout tornado that caused minor damage near Odell, Tippecanoe County, in 2003.
Showers will diminish tonight with patchy fog.
With clouds bubbling up with sun tomorrow, some spotty showers/t'showers are possible (30%). It will be warmer with highs 78-82 with high humidity.
The weather will not be nearly as disruptive to your Wednesday, compared to Tuesday.
It will heat up Thursday-Monday with highs averaging around 87 with heat indices in the 90s. Overnight lows will run in the 60s to even around 70.
Showers & storms are possible at times Sunday-Tuesday as a cold front approaches, then passes. This will bring another shot of cooler, less humid air in.
You can see our current cool upper trough depart, flow become more zonal for spurt of warmer weather, then another trough (cooler) in the forecast upper level winds graphic below:
Rainfall outlook Sunday-Tuesday:
Notice part of the hot upper ridge in the West begin a migration eastward, especially at the last frame (as we get into mid-August):
Burst of upper ridging with 90-95, then cooler, it appears mid month then......
upper ridging with heat (90s) still possible late month:
- 2:30 PM Weather Update: Rainfall Outlook & Overall Forecast
- January 1, 11 PM Weather Forecast Outlook
- July 20, 10:30 PM Weather Forecast Outlook
- September 6, 12:30 PM Weather Forecast Outlook
- March 3, 1 PM Weather Update: The Snow Outlook
- March 13, 6:30 PM Weather Forecast Update: Here is the Outlook Now to Late April
- September 19, 10:30 PM Weather Forecast Update Regarding the Detailed Now-Next Week Outlook
- August 15, 3:10 PM Rainfall Update
- March 6, 10 p.m. Snowfall & Rainfall Update