LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Drivers will have to deal with the construction detour on the Sagamore Parkway bridge over the Wabash River a little while longer.
As WLFI previously reported in early April, Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) closed the westbound lanes of the bridge.
According to INDOT spokesperson Debbie Calder, the work originally scheduled to finish in early August will now last until late August. Calder said above average rainfall is to blame for the construction delay.
In November of last year, INDOT finished constructing a new eastbound bridge after more than two and a half years.
- Sagamore Parkway Bridge reopening delayed
- Rain delaying the completion of the Sagamore Parkway Bridge
- Construction delays expected on Sagamore Parkway
- Sagamore Parkway Bridge closures begin today
- Sagamore bridge closures delayed until Wednesday
- Chipotle coming to Sagamore Parkway
- INDOT to close westbound Sagamore Parkway Bridge until late-summer
- Series of closures on Sagamore Parkway Bridge to happen Tuesday
- Sagamore Parkway will have overnight closures
- Sagamore Parkway overnight closures happening Thursday night