LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The crosstown rivalry that is Lafayette Jeff and West Lafayette outdid itself in year two of the renewed match up.
The two teams combined for 140 points. (A 74-66 final.)
The two offenses combined for more than 1,300 yards.
The two quarterbacks (Kyle Adams and Maximus Grimes) accounted for nearly 1,000 of those yards through the air.
Sports 18 sat down with Jeff Head Coach Pat Shanley, and we had to ask if he'd ever been a part of a game like the thriller on Friday night.
We also asked where his emotions were at when the clock hit zero.
"Relief. Shake Shane's (Fry) hand, you know to address the team, hug and kiss my family, go home and watch film," said Shanley.
"3:30 I think I finally closed my eyes. That 6:15 wake up call came pretty early but, it was relief man, you know again, neat to be a part of it, never felt relaxed, just my gut is still hurting because of it. But what a game!"
- Lafayette Jeff reflects on wild week one win
- Lafayette Jeff, West Lafayette schedule football series
- Cooke, West Lafayette top Lafayette Jeff 2-0
- HIGHLIGHTS: Lafayette Jeff wins Girls Hoops Classic championship
- Lafayette Jeff outlasts Central Catholic to win Hoops Classic title
- HIGHLIGHTS: Westfield 42, Lafayette Jeff 40
- HIGHLIGHTS: Lafayette Jeff 65, Richmond 49 (GBB)
- Jeff softball too much for West Lafayette
- Lafayette Jeff's Jenkins, Washington ink NLIs
- Blackhawk blows away crowd at Lafayette Jeff