We are tracking quiet weather to kick-off the work week! A high pressure system is going to travel over the Ohio River Valley today and provide the area a much needed break from the rainfall. Skies will remain mostly sunny through the afternoon as highs climb back into the lower to mid-50s. Temperatures will quickly fall back into the 40s during the evening hours and eventually bottom out in the mid-30s tonight.
The high pressure system will continue to track east away from Indiana on Tuesday, but it will still keep the area calm for another day. Highs will also soar into the upper 50s and lower 60s tomorrow afternoon, which is nearly 20 degrees above average for this time of year. However, changes will arrive by the middle part of the work week.
Cloud cover will increase Tuesday evening with rain showers returning early Wednesday. Scattered showers will fall over Greater Lafayette on Wednesday as temperatures begin to decline. A cold front is going to sweep over the state on Thursday, bringing additional rainfall and potentially a wintry mix Thursday night.
The area will dry out once again as we approach the weekend. Temperatures will also gradually rise back into the lower 50s by Sunday.
- Quiet weather with mild temperatures
- Windy with mild temperatures
- Quiet weather for the work week
- Tracking another quiet day
- Mild weather early in the week
- Mild and soggy day
- Quiet morning for your marvelous Monday
- Sunday clouds and mild conditions continue
- Falling temperatures for Tuesday
- Falling temperatures this week