VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Police are still working to discover what happened to a Vigo County silver alert subject after her van was found at the bottom of a frozen pond.
Alice "Anita" Oswald was last seen Nov. 9.
Her disappearance forced the animal shelter she founded to close down.
There was no sign of her until Friday, when police sent divers into a frozen pond in Vigo County.
They found Oswald's Honda CR-V, with a woman's body inside.
Investigators are waiting on DNA evidence to identify the body, which they say will take two to six weeks.
In the meantime, police other unanswered questions about Oswald's disappearance.
That includes who's behind an arson at her home just a few days after she was last seen.
- Questions linger around missing Vigo Co. woman
- Questions linger about Flora fire investigation
- Lingering rainfall Wednesday morning
- Wintry Weather Lingers
- Woman sentenced in Vigo County neglect case
- Silver Alert declared for Vigo County woman
- LPD looking for missing woman
- Missing Lafayette woman found safe
- Question About Fall Color
- Woman wanted for questioning in Bowen homicide investigation