LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Prom season is just around the corner for area high schools, but a group of senior citizens celebrated their special night early.
Aster Place in Lafayette held a senior prom for residents Tuesday evening.
Residents were able to get their hair and nails done earlier in the day.
Then after a special dinner, players from the Purdue football team showed up to escort them to the prom.
It was then time to hit the dance floor.
Organizers said it was the least they could do for the people who call Aster Place home.
"Last year, they did a senior prom. So, this year we just wanted to take it a step above and just really give back to our residents and show them what they mean to us," said Rachel Maples, general manager.
Two lucky residents were even crowned Prom King and Queen.
- Purdue football players attend "senior" prom
- Purdue: Players responsible for boost in football attendance
- Purdue University football players lead Special Olympics flag football clinic
- Former Purdue football player to open pizza shop in Lafayette
- VIDEO: Purdue seniors emotional during sendoff speeches
- Purdue volleyball sweeps Michigan on senior day
- Purdue senior supposed to graduate dies overnight
- Senior prom at Signature Health of Lafayette had residents hitting the dance floor
- Purdue releases spring football schedule
- Purdue announces spring football schedule