WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The CEO of John Deere made a $5 million donation to Purdue's Krannert School of Management Friday.
Samuel Allen's donation will be used for an endowed deanship and to reshape Krannert's curriculum.
The position is now known as the Dr. Samuel R. Allen Dean of the Krannert School of Management.
Allen is a graduate of Krannert and received his honorary doctorate from Purdue in 2017.
The current dean of Krannert said he's humbled to have his position named after the Fortune 500 CEO.
"When I let President Daniels know about the gift, he wrote me back and said 'congratulations that is a big name to live up to' and I absolutely feel that," said Hummels.
Hummels said he wants to improve the curriculum by integrating science, engineering and technology with business.
- Krannert School of Management receives 5 million dollar gift
- Krannert students pass out cookies to demonstrate gender wage gap
- Indianapolis' Monument Circle receiving $8 million upgrade
- Construction underway for Lafayette's million-dollar softball complex
- Powerball winner donates half a million dollars to veterans group
- Gift guide inspires budding engineers
- Aaron Lai receives engraved gift from Purdue's Center for Cancer Research
- Dayton Elementary School students give teacher the gift of color
- New WL intermediate school receives name
- Local High Schools Receiving New Turf Fields