BOSTON (Purdue Sports) — Purdue sophomore Carsen Edwards was named to the NCAA East Regional All-Tournament team it was announced this evening.
Edwards scored 30 points in the Boilermakers’ 78-65 loss to Texas Tech in Friday’s Sweet 16 contest. He added three rebounds and one steal while going 11 of 20 from the field, four of nine from long distance and four of four from the free throw line.
He was one of three players to score at least 30 points in the regional round (31 by Clemson’s Gabe DeVoe vs. Kansas; 32 by Kansas’ Malik Newman vs. Duke) and one of five 30-point performances during the entire NCAA Tournament.
Edwards’ 30 points were the 12th most by a Purdue player in the NCAA Tournament and the most since Brad Miller scored 31 points against Rhode Island in the 1997 tournament.
The total marked his second 30-point game of the season (40 vs. Illinois) becoming the first Purdue player with multiple 30-point games in the same season since E’Twaun Moore had three 30-point games as a senior in 2010-11.
Edwards finished the year as the school’s all-time leading sophomore scorer with 686 points and finished 10th on Purdue’s single-season list, scoring the most points for a Purdue player since JaJuan Johnson had 698 in 2010-11, and the second most for a Purdue player since 1994.
Edwards finished the season averaging 18.5 points, 3.8 rebounds and 2.8 assists per game. His 97 3-pointers are the second most by a player in school history and he became the seventh player in school history to score 1,000 points through his first two years at Purdue.
Purdue finished the season with a 30-7 overall record, being one of six schools to reach consecutive Sweet 16s.
- Purdue's Carsen Edwards named to all-region team (NCAA Tournament)
- Purdue's Carsen Edwards named NABC second-team All-American
- Purdue's Carsen Edwards to enter NBA Draft
- Purdue's Carsen Edwards named Big Ten Player of the Week
- Carsen Edwards named a consensus second-team All-American
- Carsen Edwards named top returning player in college basketball
- Carsen Edwards named Big Ten Preseason Player of the Year
- Purdue’s Carsen Edwards to return for junior season
- Carsen Edwards headlines preseason AP All-America team
- Carsen Edwards receives All-American honors