LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Social media threats put a Purdue wrestler in jail Tuesday, but Thursday he bonded out.
Shawn Streck was booked into the Tippecanoe County Jail with a preliminary charge of intimidation.
Purdue Police Captain Song Kang said on Monday the station received a call from Elmhurst College in DuPage County, Illinois.
The campus police allege Streck trespassed and threatened to harm one of its students.
That student turned out to be Streck's ex-girlfriend.
Kang says Streck was trying to rekindle his relationship, but was asked to leave the Elmhurst campus.
Streck may face more charges from DuPage County.
- Purdue wrestler bonds out of jail
- Fatal hit-and-run suspect bonds out of jail again
- Purdue to make announcement regarding Purdue NewU
- Purdue Archives offers look into Purdue's history
- Purdue officially launches Purdue University Global
- Harris, Purdue crush Purdue Fort Wayne 78-44
- Purdue's pyro problems
- PURDUE POSTGAME SHOW: Indiana
- Purdue president's contract extended
- Remembering Purdue's Tyler Stephan