MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. (Purdue Sports) — The Purdue women's basketball team continued its streak of success at Williams Arena on Thursday, outlasting Minnesota 64-53 and winning their seventh straight game on the Golden Gophers' home floor. The Boilermakers improved to 15-6 overall with the win and kept pace with the top of the Big Ten standings, maintaining their tie for second place with a 6-2 conference mark.
Sophomore Karissa McLaughlin led four Boilermakers in double figures with 17 points, cashing in three 3's and adding four assists. Juniors Dominique Oden and Ae'Rianna Harris chipped in 14 and 13 points, respectively, and freshman Cassidy Hardin had her first career Big Ten game in double figures, hitting three triples on her way to 10 points. Harris and Oden added a combined 16 rebounds, while junior Fatou Diagne had four points, seven rebounds and two blocks off the bench.
After giving up a 3 at the buzzer to trail 27-26 at the half, the Boilermakers took firm control in the second half, going inside to Harris over-and-over and shooting 15-of-24 from the field after the break. Purdue converted 7-of-9 in the final period, including two clutch jumpers from Oden late to seal the game.
Purdue matched Minnesota on the glass 39-39, and the Boilermakers committed just 10 turnovers in the game, limiting the Golden Gophers' opportunities in transition. Purdue outscored Minnesota in the paint 32-24, and 10-7 on the fast break.
The Boilermakers stay on the road Sunday, heading to No. 17 Iowa for a 3 p.m. ET tip at Carver-Hawkeye Arena. Purdue edged out Iowa in the first meeting at Mackey Arena 62-57, but the Hawkeyes have won four straight since, including Wednesday's victory over No. 14 Rutgers at home.
- McLaughlin, Purdue top Minnesota 64-53
- McLaughlin hits game-winner, Purdue women top IUPUI, 48-46
- McLaughlin, Purdue rout Ashland in exhibition
- Purdue's McLaughlin named Big Ten Co-Freshman of the Week
- McLaughlin delivers game-winner as Purdue beats Northwestern 61-58
- Purdue's McLaughlin invited to U.S. Pan American Trials
- McLaughlin, Harris earn preseason Big Ten honors
- Minnesota snaps Purdue's four-match winning streak, top Boilermakers 3-0
- McLaughlin's career-high 34 points leads Purdue past Kent State 77-64
- Purdue volleyball stuns No. Minnesota