WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (Purdue Sports) — Matchups for the 2018 ACC/Big Ten Women’s Basketball Challenge were announced Monday, revealing Purdue’s meeting with the University of Miami in Mackey Arena on Thursday, Nov. 29. The contest completes the Boilermakers’ 2018-19 non-conference schedule, giving fans nine chances to watch their team play at home before Big Ten play begins late December.
The meeting will be the sixth all-time between the Boilermakers and Hurricanes, and the first-ever in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge. Purdue holds a 3-2 advantage in series history, which was all played between 1984 and 1991. The Hurricanes won the last meeting, edging the 10th-ranked Boilermakers in Coral Gables, Florida 65-63, and snapping Purdue’s three-game win streak in the series.
The Hurricanes finished 21-11 in 2017-18, earning a No. 8 seed in the NCAA Tournament, but falling in the first round to Quinnapiac 86-72. Miami tied for sixth in the ACC at 10-6 in conference play. The top returners for the Hurricanes are 2018 ACC All-Freshman honorees Mykea Gray and Kelsey Marshall. Gray was Miami’s No. 2 scorer last season at 11.7 points per game, starting all 32 games for the Hurricanes, while Marshall came off the bench to add 8.0 points per game.
Season tickets for the 2018-19 Purdue women’s basketball season are on sale, and can be renewed or purchased through the Purdue Athletics Ticket Office. Fans interested can purchase online or call the ticket office at 1-800-49-SPORT.
2018 ACC/B1G Matchups
Wednesday, November 28
Illinois at Clemson
Virginia at Michigan State
Rutgers at Virginia Tech
Indiana at Wake Forest
Duke at Wisconsin
Thursday, November 29
Penn State at Florida State
Nebraska at Louisville
Georgia Tech at Maryland
Syracuse at Minnesota
Michigan at NC State
Pittsburgh at Northwestern
Iowa at Notre Dame
North Carolina at Ohio State
Miami at Purdue
- Purdue women to host Miami in ACC/Big Ten Challenge
- Purdue draws Florida State in ACC/Big Ten Challenge
- Purdue women's basketball gets Big Ten schedule
- Purdue hosts annual 5k Challenge
- Purdue women's basketball 2018-19 Big Ten opponents announced
- Purdue volleyball duo honored by Big Ten
- Purdue volleyball trio garners Big Ten awards
- Purdue football sweeps Big Ten weekly awards
- Purdue's Williams named Big Ten Forward of the Year
- Purdue's McLaughlin named Big Ten Co-Freshman of the Week