WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (Purdue Sports) — Earning the No. 16 overall seed, the Purdue volleyball team is set to host the NCAA Tournament first and second round matches on Belin Court for the first time since 2011.
On Sunday evening, the NCAA announced that Purdue will play host to Dayton, Marquette and Wright State. Matches will take place at 4:30 p.m. ET and 7 p.m. Friday with Dayton and Marquette facing off in the first contest, and Wright State battling Purdue in the second. The winners of Friday's matches will meet in a 7 p.m. Saturday contest. All matches will take place on Belin Court at Holloway Gymnasium on the campus of Purdue University.
Friday's match will mark the first program meeting between the Boilermakers and the Raiders, while Purdue is 2-0 against Marquette, last meeting the Golden Eagles in 2002. The Boilermakers are 3-4 against Dayton, having not faced the Flyers since 2009.
Overall, Purdue has never lost in the first match of the NCAA Tournament and boasts a 29-20 overall post season record, including a 23-13 showing under head coach Dave Shondell. Under his guidance, the program has seen seven Sweet 16 appearances as well as two trips to the Elite Eight. This is Purdue's 21st NCAA Tournament appearance in program history.
The Boilermakers have also hosted NCAA Tournament matches nine previous times (1981, 1982, 1983, 1987, 2006, 2008 , 2010 2011 and 2012). Purdue last hosted the opening rounds at Holloway in 2011, while Mackey Arena played host to the Sweet Sixteen in 2012.
First and second round all-session tickets go on-sale beginning at 11 a.m. on Monday. You can purchase tickets online at purduesports.com, by calling the Hayes Family Athletics Ticket Office at 765-494-3194, or in person at the ticket office in Mackey Arena. All-session tickets include one ticket for both first-round matches on Friday, Dec. 6 and one ticket for the second round match on Saturday, Dec. 7.
Available Ticket Prices
All Session Passes:
$16 – Chairbacks
$14 – Reserved
$12 – GA
$8 - Students
Single Session Tickets:
$10 – Reserved
$6 - Students
- Purdue volleyball to host NCAA Tourney for first time since 2011
- Purdue volleyball reacts to NCAA tournament draw
- Purdue’s experienced hands hope for deep NCAA tourney run
- Purdue volleyball beats High Point, advances in NCAA Tournament
- Purdue volleyball falls to Utah in NCAA Tournament
- Purdue volleyball to face Eastern Tennessee State in NCAA opener
- No. 12 Purdue volleyball sweeps ETSU in NCAA Tournament opener
- Purdue volleyball sweeps Wright State to reach NCAA second round
- Purdue volleyball stuns No. Minnesota
- Purdue volleyball defeats Oakland, 3-1