WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (Purdue Sports) — Purdue volleyball opens the 2018 season checked in at No. 23 in the American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) preseason poll, released Wednesday by the organization.
This year's poll marks the eighth consecutive season that Purdue is voted one of the nation's top-25 volleyball programs. It is also the Boilermakers' 12th appearance on the preseason poll under the direction of head coach Dave Shondell.
For the upcoming season Purdue will matchup against six Big Ten schools ranked in the AVCA Preseason Poll, including four in the top 10 with No. 2 Nebraska, No. 4 Minnesota, No. 6 Penn State and No. 9 Wisconsin.
Purdue is coming off a 23-10 season that saw the Boilermakers defeat four top-10 programs in a single season for the first time in program history. The 2017 record also marked the 10th time Purdue has earned 20 or more wins and 10 or more Big Ten wins with Shondell at the helm.
Fans will be able to get their first look of the 2018 Boilermaker squad on August 11 at Purdue's annual Boilermaker Tune-Up. The intersquad scrimmage is set for 1 p.m. ET in an air conditioned Holloway Gymnasium and is open to the public with free admission.
- Purdue volleyball tabbed No. 23 in AVCA preseason poll
- Purdue volleyball ranked 17th in AVCA preseason poll
- Purdue volleyball stuns No. Minnesota
- Purdue volleyball defeats Oakland, 3-1
- Purdue volleyball swept at Wisconsin
- No. 23 Purdue volleyball defeats No. 22 Louisville in four sets
- Purdue's Hildebrand tabbed first-team All-Big Ten honoree
- No. 23 Iowa holds off Purdue 26-20
- Purdue volleyball duo honored by Big Ten
- Purdue volleyball falls to Michigan 3-1