WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (Purdue Sports) — No. 16 Purdue (21-9, 11-8 B1G) dropped its second straight contest to Michigan (20-11, 10-9 B1G) in four sets (23-25, 25-22, 28-30, 20-25). The loss for the Boilermakers was the third straight victory over a ranked opponent for the Wolverines.
Ashley Evans set the Boilermakers on 52 of their 61 kills with three service aces, nine digs, three blocks and four kills on six errorless swings. Danielle Cuttino, Sherridan Atkinson and Blake Mohler all finished with 10 kills or more and hitting percentages north of .250. Cuttino was the leading point scorer for the match with 20 thanks to 17 kills fueled by a .282 hitting percentage. She accounted for six blocks as well, matching Atkinson who contributed 16 kills and a .250 hitting percentage with five digs. Mohler hit .300 with 14 kills and three blocks.
Azariah Stahl complemented her 13-dig effort with an efficient eight kills, two blocks and a .263 hitting percentage. Brooke Peters was just a dig shy of her third 20-dig effort of the season.
The Boilermakers out-performed the Wolverines offensively with 61 kills and a .228 hitting percentage to their 59 kills and .215 hitting percentage. Purdue out-dug Michigan 62-53 and out-blocked the Wolverines 11-5.
Purdue looks to bounce back on senior night when it takes on its ninth top-10 opponent this season. No. 10 Michigan State comes to Holloway Gymnasium for the regular season finale Friday, Nov. 24, at 7 p.m. ET.
- Purdue volleyball falls to Michigan 3-1
- Purdue volleyball defeats Oakland, 3-1
- No. 13 Purdue Volleyball wins sixth straight, tops Michigan State 3-1
- Purdue softball falls to Michigan, 11-1
- No. 20 Purdue Best Notre Dame 3-1
- HIGHLIGHTS: Purdue volleyball beats Michigan State on senior night
- Purdue to face Westerm Michigan
- Purdue volleyball stuns No. Minnesota
- Highlights: Purdue WBB falls to Michigan State on Senior Day
- Purdue volleyball falls to Nebraska at Mackey Arena