WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (Purdue Sports) — The No. 17 Purdue volleyball team (9-4, 1-3 Big Ten) pushed No. 18 Illinois (8-5, 3-1) to extra sets, but ultimately fell to the Fighting Illini, 3-1 (30-28, 17-25, 14-25, 21-25) Sunday afternoon.
For a third consecutive match sophomore Grace Cleveland paced the Boilermakers with double-digit kills. The outside hitter registered 14 kills, followed by junior Caitlyn Newton with 10. Freshmen Emma Ellis and senior Shavona Cuttino helped with six kills apiece.
Redshirt sophomore Hayley Bush paced the offense with 40 assists, while junior Jena Otec led the back row with a match-high 18 digs.
- Purdue volleyball falls to Illinois in top 25 matchup
- Purdue volleyball tops Ohio in season opener
- Purdue volleyball tops Iowa in four sets
- Purdue volleyball falls to Michigan 3-1
- Purdue volleyball closes out regular season with loss at Illinois
- Purdue volleyball tops Marquette, advances to Sweet 16
- Purdue volleyball wins fourth straight, tops Rutgers 3-0
- No. 19 Purdue volleyball tops Louisville in five-set thriller
- Purdue volleyball stuns No. Minnesota
- Purdue volleyball defeats Oakland, 3-1