WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — As the renovations at Ross-Ade Stadium continue this off-season, Purdue is looking to name the field that the Boilermakers play on. Who it would be named after, however, has yet to be announced.
According to the Purdue Board of Trustees agenda for Friday Dec. 6, university president Mitch Daniels will ask the board to approve the naming of the field. It's the latest addition to come to the stadium.
Purdue is in the middle of tearing down its old video board to make way for one of the largest in the NCAA. The board is set to be finished by the start of next football season. The university also debuted a new ribbon board and the Tyler Trent T2 Student Gate for the 2019 season. Purdue installed lights at the stadium prior to the 2017 season
The field at Ross-Ade has never been named.
News 18 will be at Friday's meeting.
— Trevor Peters (@TrevorPetersTV) December 5, 2019
- Purdue trustees to vote on naming of Ross-Ade Stadium field
- Purdue to name field at Ross-Ade Stadium after Rohrman family thanks to $15M gift
- Take the Ross-Ade Stadium upgrade survey
- Ross-Ade Stadium is ready for renovations
- New video board for Ross-Ade Stadium
- Purdue adds 130 dB train horn to Ross-Ade Stadium
- Purdue to release survey for Ross-Ade Stadium renovation
- Purdue's 'scientific artists' prepare Ross-Ade Stadium for game day
- Governor Holcomb names new Purdue student trustee
- Purdue Trustees move forward on Ross-Ade and other campus improvements