PURDUE UNIVERSITY, Ind. (WLFI) - The year long celebration of Purdue's 150 Years of Giants Leaps is coming to an end.
A commemorative coin is making its debut to mark the end of the celebration. The specifically designed coins feature an original design.
The coin will be used during the coin-flip at the start of tomorrow's homecoming game.
Tom Schott of Purdue Athletics said the coin represents one last hoorah for the University's 150 years.
“One more chance to have the national stage, hear one more time about the 150th anniversary and the great academics and athletics that happen at Purdue.” Schott said.
Only 1000 of the limited edition coins have been made.
- Purdue to use 150 Years of Giant Leaps coin for Homecoming coin toss
- Canada releases a Canada-shaped coin
- Seema Verma visits Purdue as part of Giant Leaps Campaign
- $1,200 gold coin found in Salvation Army kettle in Lafayette
- Secret Service members create challenge coin for working without pay
- Purdue 2018 in Review: Giant Leaps, Tyler Trent and 49 to 20
- The Great American Coin Hunt to start in Greater Lafayette this week
- Purdue celebrates homecoming and its 150th anniversary
- Purdue's homecoming weekend welcomes back 10 astronauts
- Lafayette couple takes a leap for love