WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (Purdue Sports) — The Purdue men's basketball team will play in the 2018 Gildan Charleston Classic on Nov. 15 to 18, ESPN announced Thursday.
Purdue will be joined by top-25 programs Alabama and Wichita State as well as Appalachian State, Ball State, Davidson and Virginia Tech. The eight-team field will compete in the early-season tournament from Thursday, Nov,15 through Sunday, Nov 18, at TD Arena in Charleston, S.C.
Over the last five years, Purdue has compete in regular-season tournaments in Maui (2014), Connecticut (2015), Cancun (2016), the Bahamas (2017) and now Charleston (2018).
Entering next week's Battle 4 Atlantis, Purdue has won 11 straight games in in-season tournaments, dating to the 2014 Maui Invitational. Purdue won the Hall of Fame Tipoff Championship (2015) and Cancun Challenge (2016).
This family-friendly tournament offers the teams a week of practice, play and experiences in and around historic Charleston.
The Gildan Charleston Classic is one of 11 college basketball events that is owned and operated by ESPN Events, a division of ESPN.
- Purdue basketball to play in Charleston Classic
- No. 23 Purdue suffocates Davidson to move into Charleston Classic finals
- No. 23 Purdue opens Charleston Classic with 92-70 win over Appalachian State
- Purdue to play in 2019 Emerald Coast Classic
- Purdue women's basketball to play UConn in Paradise Jam
- Purdue men's basketball to open Big Ten play at Michigan
- No. 16 Virginia Tech tops No. 23 Purdue to win in Charleston
- Hurricane Dorian whips Charleston and spawns tornadoes in the Carolinas
- Lafayette Jeff to play in 2019 Hall of Fame Classic
- HIGHLIGHTS: Purdue holds off Butler's late surge in Crossroads Classic