PURDUE UNIVERSITY, Ind. (WLFI)—As News 18 previously reported the university announced Wednesday that it was looking to build a $40 million data science facility.
The building will be designed to help the university meet its goal to be a national and global leader in the field of data science research, according to Purdue newsroom.
It will be a four-story building and will be approximately 86,000 square feet. Construction for the Data Science Building is slated to start November 2020 with completion in June 2022.
"It's an exciting major," said Provost & Executive Vice President, Academic Affairs & Diversity, Jay Akridge. "One that there's a lot of student interest in across country. Because the demand for positions and talent in this area is so strong. So our computer science major has roughly tripled in the past decade or so."
The facility is slated to open for use in the Fall of 2022.
- Purdue approve financing and plans for Data Science building
- Purdue approves financing for new Data Science Building
- Purdue looks to build $40 million data science facility
- Purdue's new provost working on data science initiative
- Purdue's PTCA building catches fire
- New animal sciences complex opens at Purdue University
- Bill Nye the Science Guy to visit Purdue
- Purdue University professor elected to prestigious science organization
- Purdue University awarded $10M for new food science lab
- Purdue's Kaplan deal receives HLC approval