WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (Purdue Sports) — Purdue men's basketball head coach Matt Painter has announced that the Boilermakers will host the University of Southern Indiana in an exhibition game on Friday, Nov. 1, 2019, at Mackey Arena.
It will be the Boilermakers' lone exhibition game in advance of their season opener Nov. 5 against Green Bay.
Tip time and a possible television assignment will be announced at a later date.
USI posted a 26-9 overall record a year ago, advancing to the Elite Eight of the NCAA Division II National Championships before falling to runner-up Point Loma 81-71 in the semifinals. Head coach Rodney Watson, who was an assistant coach under Painter at Southern Illinois University during the 2003-04 season, returns three starters and four of his top six scorers from last year's squad. He also welcomes two Division I transfers in Clayton Hughes (Indiana State) and Lafayette native Darnell Butler (Middle Tennessee State).
Purdue lost three starters but returns several key contributors from last year's Elite Eight squad. Nojel Eastern and Matt Haarms are returning starters as juniors, and regulars Evan Boudreaux, Aaron Wheeler, Eric Hunter Jr., Trevion Williams and Sasha Stefanovic all return after strong seasons. Painter also welcomes a highly regarded freshman class and high-scoring grad transfer Jahaad Proctor.
The remainder of the schedule, which includes the Big Ten slate, will be announced at a later date.
- Purdue to host Southern Indiana in exhibition game
- Purdue's Eastern to miss exhibition game against Southern Indiana
- Purdue cruises in exhibition match up with Southern Indiana
- Purdue women's basketball down Southern Indiana in exhibition
- Purdue basketball to host Marian in exhibition game
- Cline, Purdue roll past Marian in exhibition game 75-56
- Indiana State Museum to host exhibit exploring opioid crisis
- McLaughlin, Purdue rout Ashland in exhibition
- Parking information for Purdue-Indiana basketball game
- Purdue Hosting Career Fair