WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (Purdue/WLFI)– Purdue University officials announced that all classes for Wednesday (Jan. 30) have been canceled at the West Lafayette campus. According to a released statement, they made the call due to the expected wind chill temperatures that will be dangerous for students walking to and from classes. Purdue said though classes are canceled, all university employees should report for normal campus duty at their regular time.
Related: Complete list of closings and delays
Purdue stated, "Any employees who determine that their individual situation makes travel to work unsafe are reminded they can use paid or unpaid leave if they are unable to report for campus duty, however, they should contact their supervisors as soon as possible."
Classes are expected to resume Thursday.
Due to the cancellation of Purdue University classes, the campus loop service for CityBus has changed. The schedules are in effect for Wednesday, Jan. 30 and can be found here.
- Purdue suspends classes Wednesday; employees to report for normal operations
- Purdue students relieved classes are cancelled Wednesday
- Purdue students petition to cancel classes Wednesday
- Purdue signs top-25 recruiting class
- Purdue 2018 hall of fame class announced
- Purdue adds two to incoming class
- Purdue considers offering classes during winter break
- Purdue Global terminates its employee's confidentiality agreement
- LPD officer suspended
- Purdue Graduate Launches to Space Wednesday