WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A former Purdue student now faces multiple charges for a drug-related incident back in December.
Sawyer Doup has been charged with three felony counts, including dealing a controlled substance. He was arrested after police received a report of drug activity in Owen Residence Hall.
Police learned a female student had been taken to the hospital on December 9th after smoking "dab", a wax-like substance extracted from marijuana with high THC. Prosecutors say the girl's boyfriend said he got the substance from a dealer in Owen Residence hall.
Police say the investigation turned up 125 hits of LSD and 1 gram of "dab." Doup was barred from campus back in December.
- Former Purdue student faces multiple charges for a drug-related incident
- Twelve people arrested for drug related incident
- Police investigation leads to multiple drug-related arrests in Bloomington
- UPDATE: Violent felon faces multiple charges
- Woman faces multiple charges including armed robbery
- Arconic employee injured in work-related incident
- Darius Printup faces multiple charges including dealing meth
- Woman facing multiple charges including theft and check fraud
- Multiple drug charges filed against man on house arrest
- LPD investigates three shooting incidents that appear to be related