INDIANAPOLIS (WLFI) -- Halle Shoults, a Purdue student and Miss Benton County, was named the 61st Indiana State Fair Queen Sunday at the fairgrounds in Indianapolis. She was selected from 84 other contestants following three days of competition.
Shoults will travel the state in June and July to 45 county fairs in advance of the Indiana State Fair, beginning Aug. 2.
Shoults, a sophomore from Oxford, is studying Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences. She is a member of Ann Tweedale Cooperative, 4-H and the Purdue Lilly Scholars Network.
It's been 50 years since a State Fair queen has come from Benton County. Terilyn Krill was the representative in 1969.
Two other county fair queens made the Top 10 from the News 18 viewing area. Maci French, Miss Boone County, was 1st Runner-Up, and Emily Kilmer, Miss Jasper County, finished in 10th.
Complete results can be found here.
- Purdue student, Miss Benton County wins Indiana State Fair Queen
- Benton County family recognized at State Fair
- Purdue Armory Craft Fair
- Purdue Hosting Career Fair
- Purdue splits with Indiana State
- Benton county fair crowns champions at the beef show
- Indiana State Fair begins annual 17-day extravaganza
- Student suspended after threat toward Benton Central
- PURDUE POSTGAME SHOW: Indiana
- Purdue defeats Indiana 70-55