ANN ARBOR, Mich. (Purdue Sports) — Purdue (8-26, 1-4 B1G) couldn't hold off the bats of Michigan (27-7, 3-1 B1G) as the Wolverines took game two of the three-game series 11-1 in five innings. Jenny Behan earned her 13th extra-base hit and sixth multi-hit game of the season, giving her a .527 slugging percentage.
Behan led the Boilermakers with a 2-for-3 effort at the plate and drove in Purdue's lone run of the ballgame. Rachel Krzysko and Ryleigh Scott each singled in the fifth, setting up a two-out RBI single by Behan. The junior transfer doubled the previous inning to give Purdue runners on second and third with no outs but Michigan was able to work its way out of the frame unscathed. The single by Krzysko was her fourth in the last six games. Alexa Binckes also singled in the contest, giving her 12 hits in her last nine games.
The Boilermakers finish the Michigan series in Ann Arbor on Sunday at 1 p.m. ET.
- Purdue softball falls to Michigan, 11-1
- Purdue volleyball falls to Michigan 3-1
- Purdue softball no-hit in loss to Michigan
- Sanó homers as Twins pound White Sox 11-1
- Purdue to face Westerm Michigan
- Highlights: Purdue WBB falls to Michigan State on Senior Day
- Purdue soccer falls to No. 22 Michigan, 2-1
- Purdue softball falls to Dayton in extra innings
- Purdue softball tops Northwestern 14-6
- Purdue rallies, knocks off No. 13 Michigan