WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (Purdue Sports) — Purdue (13-37, 4-13 B1G) couldn't hold off the bats of Minnesota (30-14, 13-3 B1G) in a 9-0 loss at Bittinger Stadium. The Boilermakers struggled with Golden Gopher ace Amber Fiser as she threw a perfect game.
Sydney Bates delivered a 1-2-3 inning to begin the game but a three-run home run in the second kick started the Golden Gopher offense. Minnesota put up four runs in the third and a run each of the final two innings to secure the five-inning victory.
Purdue's bats were silenced by Fiser who threw five perfect innings with six strikeouts. She retired all 15 batters she faced on 45 pitches.
Purdue and Minnesota square off in game two Saturday at 3 p.m. ET at Bittinger Stadium.
- Minnesota rides perfect game to 9-0 shutout of Purdue softball
- Purdue softball shut out by Minnesota again
- Purdue baseball completes sweep of Rutgers with another shutout
- Purdue volleyball stays perfect on opening day
- Hendricks shuts down Reds, Cubs win 9-0 to complete sweep
- Diamondbacks, Ray avoid sweep with 9-0 win over Cubs
- Jillian Mathis pitches shutout, Harrison beats Zionsville
- Purdue softball takes game one of Wisconsin series 3-2
- Purdue softball tops Northwestern 14-6
- NCC Softball: Harrison's Jillian Mathis pitches shutout, hits walk-off home run