WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - A Purdue senior who was supposed to graduate in Sunday's commencement ceremony died overnight.
Purdue Spokesperson, Tim Doty, confirmed that Kyle Runkle was a senior studying Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering.
"We are saddened any time we experience a student's death and offer our condolences and support to their family and friends. As a reminder, Purdue offers resources and support to all members of our campus community," said Dr. Katie Sermersheim is the Associate Vice Provost and Dean of Students in a statement.
It is unclear at this time how Runkle died. Click here to find resources through Purdue CAPS.
- Purdue senior supposed to graduate dies overnight
- Local man balances retirement, graduation from Purdue
- Purdue Graduate Launches to Space Wednesday
- Purdue graduate speaks at summer commencement
- Purdue considers adding new graduation requirement
- VIDEO: Purdue seniors emotional during sendoff speeches
- Purdue football players attend "senior" prom
- Purdue volleyball sweeps Michigan on senior day
- Purdue Agriculture Economics professor dies
- Purdue graduate Diego Morales running for Indiana's 4th Congressional District