WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Each of Purdue's seven-footers (Isaac Haas and Matt Haarms) played more than half the game against Rutgers Wednesday night.
When a team has thatmuch size, you'd think reboundign would come easy.
It didn't over the summer, when Purdue represented Team USA in the World University Games.
In the gold medal game, which Purdue lost to Lithuania, the Boilermakers were out-rebounded 44-32.
In a massive turnaround, Purdue looked great on the boards Wednesday night against Rutgers.
The Scarlet Knights are the number two team in the country in total rebounds this season; but Purdue grabbed 45 rebounds Wednesday, to just 27 for Rutgers.
See the video above for reaction from Isaac Haas and Matt Painter.
- Purdue out-rebounded one of the country's best rebounding teams
- Darvish rebounds as Cubs beat Brewers 3-2
- Purdue football team honored at Indiana Statehouse
- Purdue and West Lafayette Fire Departments officially team up
- Purdue's Gelen Robinson named third-team All-Big Ten
- Purdue dismisses Eden Ewing for violating team rules
- Purdue joins team devising materials for superfast aircraft
- Purdue's Carsen Edwards named to all-region team (NCAA Tournament)
- Purdue men's golf wins team title at Kepler Intercollegiate
- Purdue's Carsen Edwards named NABC second-team All-American