WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (Purdue Sports) — The Purdue men’s basketball team returns to Mackey Arena to continue its early-season gauntlet by hosting No. 17-ranked Louisville in the Big Ten / ACC Challenge on Tuesday. Tip is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET, on ESPN.
The Boilermakers are coming off a disappointing showing in the Battle 4 Atlantis, but a win over Louisville would go a long way to easing some of that pain.
The game will be a rematch of last year’s challenge, won by Louisville 71-64.
• Purdue salvaged a victory in the Battle 4 Atlantis, blasting No. 2-ranked Arizona 89-64 Friday night. The Boilermakers had fallen to Tennessee (78-75, OT) and Western Kentucky (77-73).
• The 25-point victory was the second-largest win ever against a ranked team, only behind a 27-point victory over No. 2 North Carolina in the 1969 Final Four.
• The 89 points were the most scored against a ranked team during the Matt Painter era.
• Purdue averaged 79.0 points and shot 44.8 percent from the field during the three games in Atlantis. Foes averaged 73.0 points and shot 42.3 percent from the field.
• Five players averaged in double-figures for the event, led by Carsen Edwards’ 17.3 average. Isaac Haas averaged 15.7 and Dakota Mathias averaged 14.7 points, 5.7 rebounds and 5.3 assists.
• Purdue is now 13-3 in its last four in-season tournaments, dating to the 2014 Maui Invitational.
Inside the Numbers
• 56.7: Purdue’s field goal percentage in three home games.
• 51.3: Purdue’s 3-point percentage in three home games.
• 35-1: Purdue’s home record in last 36 games when The Paint Crew has been in attendance.
• Minus-33: Purdue’s point differential in Atlantis in second-chance points and points off turnovers.
• 21: Blocks by Matt Haarms, the most by a freshman in the country.
• 12: Purdue ranks in the top 100 nationally in 12 NCAA statistical categories.
• 9-7: Purdue’s record in the Big Ten / ACC Challenge, the best record among any conference school.
• 295: Purdue head coach Matt Painter needs five wins for 300 during his career.
• 10: Purdue’s winning streak in games played in Mackey Arena.
• 8: Number of 20-point performances over the last six games.
- Purdue men's basketball set to host No. 17 Louisville
- Purdue uses size advantage to upend No. 17 Louisville 66-57
- Postgame Coverage: Louisville vs. Purdue
- No. 19 Purdue volleyball tops Louisville in five-set thriller
- Mackey Arena hosts men's basketball watch party
- Notes: Purdue basketball set for Butler
- Former Purdue basketball players to host basketball camps
- No. 23 Purdue volleyball defeats No. 22 Louisville in four sets
- Purdue Hosting Career Fair
- The Wright stuff: Milton Wright follows Louisville connections to Purdue