WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Purdue Physical Facilities Committee will ask for approval to purchase the West Lafayette State Farm facility on Northwestern Avenue, according to a Purdue Board of Trustees agenda.
Rebecca Terry, Director of Communications with Physical Facilities, said more information will be released following the trustees meeting, scheduled for Thursday and Friday at the Purdue Polytechnic Anderson Campus. The action is scheduled to be heard Friday at 8:35 a.m.
Terry said Michael B. Cline, Senior Vice President of Administrative Operations, will be part of the presentation to the board.
As we reported in May of 2017, State Farm announced plans to close 11 of its facilities over the course of five years. That included the West Lafayette location near the Purdue Research Park at 2550 Northwestern Ave. West Lafayette's closing date was set for 2020, impacting about 310 positions.
Physical Facilities is currently located in the Purdue Technology Center Aerospace (Rolls-Royce Building), right off U.S. 231. It is unclear what the move to the new building could look like.
This story will be updated through the week.
JUST IN: The #Purdue Physical Facilities Committee will ask for approval to purchase the West Lafayette State Farm facility on Northwestern Ave. Friday. State Farm announced plans in May '17 to close the location by 2020. Trustees meeting in Anderson Thus/Fri @WLFI pic.twitter.com/cft1mRBKJT
— Trevor Peters (@TrevorPetersTV) April 10, 2019
- Purdue looks to buy West Lafayette State Farm building on Northwestern Avenue
- Purdue set for Northwestern series
- Purdue softball tops Northwestern 14-6
- HIGHLIGHTS: West Lafayette falls to Northwestern in sectional championship
- Purdue softball beats Northwestern to take series
- 5-run first inning propels Northwestern over Purdue
- West Lafayette building streets for the future
- West Lafayette's George Karlaftis commits to Purdue
- West Lafayette prepares for Purdue football traffic
- West Lafayette businesses dealing without Purdue students