WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Some students at Purdue want the community to see there is beauty in ordinary things. They organized a TEDx talk at Loeb Playhouse Saturday.
The theme was "Art of the Ordinary."
Hosts explained that everyone has something extraordinary to share about their field.
TEDxPurdueU director Aarti Panda said she hopes the event inspires people.
"You don't have to be the best person in your field, but that doesn't mean you don't have something awesome to share that people can learn from. So we wanted to build on that idea and show that like, "Hey you can do this too,'" Panda said.
Ten speakers shared their stories of success. They all came from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences.
- TEDxPurdueU event stresses the art of ordinary
- TEDxPurdueU to host "Art of the Ordinary" this weekend
- Art Museum of Greater Lafayette held its 'Art, Bark, 'n Brew' event
- ISDH stresses importance of cervical cancer screenings
- Keep Holiday Stress Off Your List This Year
- New texting resource available for teens feeling stressed or suicidal
- Meditation helps vets with post-traumatic stress disorder
- Colleges' message to ease student stress: Failure is normal
- Dermatologist stresses importance of checking ingredients in sunscreen
- Arts and Humanities celebrated at 2019 Bravo for the Arts