WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) —The national Out of the Darkness Walk made it's way to Purdue University, Sunday.
The walk raises funds and awareness for suicide prevention. Representatives from the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention were there.
As well as Purdue students passionate about suicide awareness. Julissa Martinez said the goal is to make the topic less awkward.
"I think it is important to note that students, young adults to bring it up, once you make it the norm people won't be as scared to talk about it and more of us can get help and help those around us," said Martinez.
- Purdue hosts 'Out of the Darkness Walk'
- Purdue Hosting Career Fair
- CHiPS Hosts Historical Cemetery Walk
- Purdue rallies past Purdue Fort Wayne on walk-off walk
- Purdue hosts Rube Goldberg competition
- Purdue hosts Norwegian Foot March
- Purdue hosts annual 5k Challenge
- Purdue to host electronic waste drive
- Purdue Polynesian Cultural Club hosts annual Luau
- Purdue hosting Building and Grounds Career Fair