WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Over 450 participants spent their morning running in the Norwegian Foot March around West Lafayette.
The course was 18.6 miles long with the goal to finish under four and a half hours. Other events included a 30K hero relay and a 5K.
Each participant was carrying a 25-pound rucksack on their back while wearing their full army gear.
The event was hosted by Purdue Army ROTC Boiler Battalion to support community involvement.
Coordinator Joseph Nield said the number of participants will only go up from here.
"People train months in advance, especially with an operation this big with so many people and it's growing it is continuously growing and I can see it in a few years having to be capped around 750," Nield said.
The event also held a food drive asking participants to donate food items to benefit local charities in Lafayette.
- Purdue hosts Norwegian Foot March
- Nearly 700 cadets participated in Purdue Army ROTC's Norwegian Foot March
- Purdue Hosting Career Fair
- Purdue hosts Rube Goldberg competition
- Purdue hosts annual 5k Challenge
- Purdue hosts "Hemp Field Day"
- Purdue baseball hosts Halloween Bash
- Purdue to host electronic waste drive
- Purdue hosts 'Out of the Darkness Walk'
- Purdue Polynesian Cultural Club hosts annual Luau