WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind (WLFI)—Purude held a personal electronics recycling event yesterday afternoon.
Some of the things recycled included personal cell phones, computer equipment, fax machines, laptops, lithium ion batteries.
The items collected at this event will be included in Purdue's totals for the RecycleMania Tournament.
Recycling coordinator Audrey Whitmire says properly recycling your electronics do more than just free up space.
A lot of people have stuff in their home such as electronics that have been sitting around for a while," said Whitemire. "Within those electronics there is a lot of chemicals and different things that could end up flowing into streams and landfills. Which ultamitely is not great for the environment."
Last year the event recycled nearly 15,000 pounds.
(photo provided by Campus Master Planning and Sustainability)
- Purdue holds electronic recycling day
- Purdue and Oscar Winski host community-wide electronics recycling event
- Purdue partners with Oscar Winski to recycle electronics
- Purdue to host electronic waste drive
- Purdue holds annual Memorial Day Service
- Purdue partners with Oscar Winski in electronic disposal drive
- This fall's electronic collection day brings big turnout
- Purdue holds annual Human Library
- WL council puts trash and recycling expansion on hold
- Caged Birds: Electronic scooters impounded by WLPD