PURDUE UNIVERSITY, Ind. (WLFI)—Dozens gathered at Ross-Ade Stadium Saturday for the 8th annual Purdue Boilermaker half-marathon and 5K. The event was presented by Franciscan Health.
Runners and walkers began their journey at Ross-Ade Stadium around 8 am. They went through the cities of West Lafayette, Lafayette and back through Purdue University's campus to Ross-Ade Stadium.
The event supports the Purdue Athletes Life Success Program (PALS). Over the last 7 years, $70,000 has been raised for underserved youth in Tippecanoe County.
Manager of Sports Medicine for Franciscan Health, Craig Voll, said this event helps the program in so many ways.
"Just the services that PALS' provides here on Purdue's campus is such a unique opportunity for people to help out the under served, under privileged here in the community," said Voll. "But more importantly, just to come out and to exercise."
The event lasted until noon. For more information on Purdue Athletes Life Success Program click here.
- Purdue holds 8th annual Boilermaker half-marathon & 5K
- Purdue University hosts 7th annual half-marathon and 5k race
- Purdue hosts annual 5k Challenge
- Purdue Police caution drivers during Purdue Half Marathon Saturday
- Purdue holds record breaking 'Challenge' 5K
- Expect traffic disruptions for the Purdue half marathon
- Purdue holds annual Human Library
- Semper 5K comes to Purdue
- Purdue holds annual Memorial Day Service
- 2019 Purdue Half Marathon will lead to road closures during race