WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (Purdue Sports) — Purdue baseball’s seventh road trip doubles as the most anticipated weekend series of the season, as the Boilermakers renew their rivalry with 10th-ranked Indiana in Bloomington.
First pitch at Bart Kaufman Field is slated for 6 p.m. Friday, 2 p.m. Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday. The series finale will be televised live by the Big Ten Network.
Purdue enters the weekend having won five straight games. As the top-ranked Big Ten team and preseason favorite in the league, IU has won 20 of its first 25 games, including four straight. The Hoosiers have played 11 of their 25 games at home. Both teams have not played since Saturday due to unfavorable weather conditions throughout the Midwest during the first week of April.
The Boilermakers enter the weekend tied with Michigan atop the Big Ten standings at 3-0 after sweeping their conference-opening series for the first time since 1985. Indiana split its conference-opening doubleheader at Iowa on March 23 and then swept Butler at home to close out March during its open weekend in the Big Ten schedule.
The Hoosiers are also scheduled to visit Alexander Field on April 25 for a midweek non-conference game that will be televised live by ESPNU.
- Purdue headed to Bloomington for rivalry weekend
- Rivalry resumes between Purdue and IU
- Bloomington's mayor approves buying armored police truck
- Police investigation leads to multiple drug-related arrests in Bloomington
- Sharpshooters kill 62 deer at Bloomington nature preserve
- 2 students at Indiana University-Bloomington have mumps
- Purdue's 23rd astronaut heads to space Sunday
- Colts say 'rivalry on' after McDaniels backs out of deal
- Lafayette Spinners renew rivalry with annual fundraising game
- Grand Prix weekend kicks off at Purdue