WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Purdue sports fans have a lot to look forward to after Sunday's football bowl announcement. The Boilermakers are headed to the Foster Farms Bowl at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara California.
Its been a big year for a fan base that's been put through the ringer over the last four seasons. The Purdue Football Team announced they will be headed to California to face a tough Arizona team in the Foster Farms Bowl.
The Purdue Football faithful are gearing up for a trip to Levi's Stadium, home of the San Fransico 49ers. After winning just nine games in the last four seasons, first-year head coach Jeff Brohm has Purdue in their first bowl game since 2012.
This year's team went six and six in the regular season, winning four Big Ten games, including the Oaken Bucket game against Indiana.
Although fans preferred a closer-to-home bowl game, many are happy with the progress that the program has shown this season.
Jackson Marusich was impressed with how Jeff Brohm and his staff pointed Purdue in the right direction.
"I thought for one thing he's brought a lot of confidence, just the way we've played, we've played stronger all year, we've played well against big teams something we haven't done in the past. So I think he's just brought a lot there."
According to Purdue Sports, Purdue and Arizona have played just twice in their histories. Purdue won both meetings by a combined 59 points.
- Purdue fans ready for 2017 bowl game
- Planning Ahead: Purdue fans are ready for football season
- Purdue fans invade San Francisco ahead of Foster Farms Bowl
- Purdue fans "Hammer Down" cancer
- PURDUE POSTGAME SHOW: Foster Farms Bowl
- SIGHTS & SOUNDS: 2017 Purdue Football Season
- Community to send Purdue student recovering from surgery to bowl game
- LIVE COVERAGE: "Keys to the game" for Purdue in Foster Farms Bowl
- Tyler Trent will be on the field for Purdue's bowl game
- WLPD stay busy during Purdue's last home football game of 2017