WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Purdue Board of Trustees approved a one-year extension of head football coach Jeff Brohm's contract, Friday morning. Brohm is now signed through the 2025 season.
Brohm will be paid an average salary and bonuses of five-and-a-quarter million dollars per year. It's the second contract extension in as many years for the coach. Brohm made $3.5 million in 2018.
Brohm is 13-13 in his two seasons at the helm.
He was hired in late 2016 and originally signed a six-year contract. He is the 36th full-time head football coach in Purdue history.
"During an important time in the transformation of our football program, we were presented with unique circumstances and felt compelled to demonstrate to Jeff, our fan base and the college football community our strong conviction that his continued leadership is vital to our future success," Purdue vice president and director of intercollegiate athletics Mike Bobinski said. "Jeff and his staff have done a remarkable job in two years of changing the culture, makeup and trajectory of our program and have boosted the spirit on campus and beyond. He lives and reflects the values we have at Purdue, and we are pleased to announce this enhancement of our mutual commitment."
"I want to thank Mitch Daniels, Mike Bobinski, Mike Berghoff and the board of trustees for the commitment they have shown to our football program and the strong working relationship we have developed," Brohm said. "We think we have built a solid foundation for success over the past two seasons and look forward to continuing to strive for excellence on and off the field. Purdue University is a special place, and the support we have received from Boilermaker fans everywhere has inspired us to work even harder to achieve our goals. My family and I are extremely happy in West Lafayette, and our entire staff is excited about the great opportunities that lie ahead for Purdue football."
Purdue opens the 2019 season Aug. 30 at Nevada. The home opener is Sept. 7 against Vanderbilt.
In November, Brohm said he would stay as head coach of Purdue football after many speculated he would leave for the same job at his alma mater Louisville.
- Purdue extends head football coach Jeff Brohm's contract for the second time in 2 years
- Jeff Brohm staying as head football coach at Purdue
- Purdue announces contract extension for Jeff Brohm
- Purdue president's contract extended
- Purdue students react to Jeff Brohm speculation
- Jeff Brohm named National Coach of the Week
- Clearing up the rumors surrounding Jeff Brohm's future at Purdue
- Brohm impressed with Purdue's defensive performance
- Jeff Brohm compares Arizona QB Khalil Tate to Lamar Jackson
- Gold and Black LIVE April 11 with Jeff Brohm