WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Purdue University has extended Mike Bobinski's contract for another three years. The Director of Intercollegiate Athletics will have his pay increased to $750,000 with merit increases of $25,000.
Purdue Trustees said his body of work is exceptional and he has done a tremendous job.
According to Purdue, Bobinski is just the fourth full-time athletics director at Purdue since 1942, following Guy “Red” Mackey, George King, and Morgan Burke. Before coming to Purdue, Bobinski enjoyed successful stints as athletics director at Georgia Tech, Xavier, and Akron.
The new contract goes until 2024.
- Purdue will extend Bobinski's contract
- Purdue president's contract extended
- Gold and Black LIVE August 27 with guest Mike Bobinski
- Gold and Black LIVE December 19 with guest Mike Bobinski
- Purdue extends head football coach Jeff Brohm's contract for the second time in 2 years
- Purdue announces contract extension for Jeff Brohm
- VeoRide leaves Purdue after University signs exclusivity contract with Zagster
- Purdue, Matt Painter agree on 2-year contract extension
- Larkin helps Northwestern extend streak with win at Purdue
- Michigan extends winning streak with rare victory at Purdue