TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - This year's Purdue commencement is expected to be the most crowded weekend for Airbnb in Tippecanoe County since the platform began, according to the company.
Family members are already filling up spots at local hotels and many of them have turned to Airbnb as well.
To keep both hosts and guests safe during a busy weekend, Airbnb is putting out a list of reminders. The company says to make sure you only use a secured, on-site method to pay for lodging. Don't pay via wire funds.
Both guests and hosts can read reviews on the person they're staying with. They company says if you arrive at a home and something isn't right, they have extra representatives standing by due to the surge.
The company says Indiana University's graduation is also expected to be Bloomington's biggest Airbnb weekend as well.
- Purdue commencement weekend expected to break records for Tippecanoe Co. Airbnb
- Tippecanoe County Schools celebrate winter commencement
- Purdue opens new campus gateway in time for commencement weekend
- Purdue releases parking information for spring commencement
- Purdue kicks off its 237th commencement
- Purdue graduate speaks at summer commencement
- Purdue breaks record giving with $451 million
- Purdue holds record breaking 'Challenge' 5K
- Purdue breaks 'Day of Giving' Record.... Again!
- Airbnb brings big bucks to Tippecanoe County in 2018