West Lafayette, Ind (WLFI) -- Tonight kicks off homecoming weekend at Purdue University as it celebrates its 150th anniversary.
The school expects to see around 10,000 alumni on stadium mall for homecoming weekend.
This year's homecoming is honoring the university's 150th birthday by launching a campaign to celebrate 150 years of accomplishments.
Assistant Special Events Vice President Lance Connolly, says the weekend is full of activities for all ages.
“Kid friendly activities.. there will be a monster mural to paint, live animals out here... New this year, we're very excited, is the boiler beer garden, where we will be featuring our Boiler Gold but we also will have a very limited amount of Boiler Black,” said Connolly.
Connolly says this event takes months of preparations so he’s excited to see the events unfold.
“Well final preparations are well underway for homecoming 2018 and we are so excited to welcome back our alumni and friends to campus tomorrow. The weather is going to be perfect, campus is dressed in black and gold,” said Connolly.
All activities are free.
- Purdue celebrates homecoming and its 150th anniversary
- Purdue preparing to celebrate 150th anniversary
- Purdue looks to future as 150th anniversary celebration wraps up
- Happy 150th Birthday, Purdue University
- Purdue unveils new ice cream flavor for 150th anniversary
- Purdue unveils new penny press machine as part of its 150th anniversary celebration
- Purdue history exhibit helps celebrate university's 150th birthday
- Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak to visit Purdue as part of university's 150th anniversary
- Purdue’s 150th anniversary finale begins with a promise to Indiana
- Local couple celebrates milestone anniversary