PARADISE ISLAND, Bahamas (Purdue Sports) — The No. 18-ranked Purdue men’s basketball team gets ready for its stiffest challenge of the season this week as it heads to the Bad Boy Mowers Battle 4 Atlantis at the Atlantis Resort in Paradise Island, Bahamas.
Purdue gets things underway Wednesday with a noon ET tilt against Tennessee and will face either Villanova or Western Kentucky on Thanksgiving Day.
The Tennessee game will be televised by ESPN2 with Karl Ravech and Robbie Hummel on the call. On the radio waves, Larry Clisby and Rob Blackman will handle the call on the Purdue Radio Network.
Live stats will be provided on StatBroadcast.com and fans can receive in-game updates via Twitter at @BoilerBall, or on the Purdue Sports App.
The six other teams in the field include Villanova, Western Kentucky, Arizona, SMU, North Carolina State and Northern Iowa. The field owns a combined record of 25-2.
• Purdue went over 100 points for the third time in its first four games with a 106-64 victory over a good Fairfield team Saturday night.
• The Boilermakers set a school record by making 19 3-pointers, surpassing the record of 18 set against Vermont on Nov. 15, 2015.
• Purdue’s senior class accounted for 64 points, 21 rebounds and seven assists against one turnover. The quartet went 23-of-34 (.674) from the field and 14-of-17 (.824) from 3-point range.
• Dakota Mathias set a school record for most 3-pointers made without a miss when he made all six of his long-distance attempts.
• Vincent Edwards recorded his second double-double of the season with 21 points and 11 rebounds.
• Carsen Edwards added 18 points, a career-high six assists and five rebounds.
Numbers to Know
• 40: Consecutive weeks that Purdue has been ranked in the Top 25, sixth-longest streak in country.
• 102.0: Purdue’s scoring average through four games, ranking sixth nationally (thru Saturday).
• 56.8: Purdue’s field goal percentage, ranking fifth nationally (thru Saturday).
• 48.9: Pudue’s 3-point percentage, good for eighth nationally (thru Saturday).
• +16.0: After getting outrebounded in the opener, Purdue’s rebound margin in the last three games.
• 48: Purdue has scored at least 48 points in seven-of-eight halves this year.
• 11: Consecutive wins during in-season tournaments entering this week.
• 35-1: Purdue’s record at home over last 36 games when the Paint Crew has been in attendance.
• 5: Number of times that Purdue has started 5-0 in 12 previous years under Coach Painter.
• 19: Number of runs of 7-0 or larger for Purdue so far this year.