WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (Purdue Sports) — Purdue men's basketball head coach Matt Painter has announced that the Boilermakers will host Marian University in an exhibition game on Thursday, Nov. 1, 2018, from Mackey Arena.
It will be the Boilermakers’ lone exhibition game in advance of their season opener Nov. 6, against Fairfield.
Tip time and a possible television assignment will be announced at a later date.
Scott Heady will be in his second year at Marian, leading the Knights to a 22-12 record and a spot in the NAIA National Tournament for the first time since the 2011-12 season. Heady was the head coach at Carmel High School before arriving at Marian, leading the Greyhounds to back-to-back Indiana 4A state championships in 2012 and 2013. One of Heady’s star players at Carmel was Purdue senior Ryan Cline, who was a member of the 2013 state champion team and runner-up to former Purdue teammate Caleb Swanigan in the Indiana Mr. Basketball voting.
Purdue is coming off a 30-7 record and its second straight appearance in the Sweet 16. Head coach Matt Painter returns one of the nation's most-exciting players in National Player of the Year candidate Carsen Edwards as well as a young, but very talented and athletic nucleus. The Boilermakers are ranked in the majority of the "way-too-early" top-25 preseason polls.
Season tickets are now available for as little as $18 a game for Purdue’s, the most-affordable way to enjoy the best atmosphere in college basketball. Last season saw Purdue fans set a school record for average attendance (14,344) while recording 10 sellouts, including the last seven games of the year.
- Purdue basketball to host Marian in exhibition game
- Cline, Purdue roll past Marian in exhibition game 75-56
- Former Purdue basketball players to host basketball camps
- McLaughlin, Purdue rout Ashland in exhibition
- Purdue men's basketball set to host No. 17 Louisville
- Purdue basketball, climbs one spot, set for Marquette Game
- Purdue basketball alumni game set for Aug. 4
- Airbnb hosts made big money during Purdue home football games
- Purdue hosts Rube Goldberg competition
- Purdue hosts Norwegian Foot March