WEST LAFAYETTE. Ind. (WLFI) — At times it wasn't pretty, but Purdue did just enough to beat Northwestern on Friday.
The Boilermakers trailed the Wildcats 7-5, before a 3-run surge in the eight inning.
Purdue edged Northwestern, 8-7, earning a ninth-straight win, and improving to 11-4 in conference play.
The win, along with a loss by Michigan, puts Purdue just one game out of first place in the Big Ten. Michigan and Minnesota are tied in first place; both at 12-3.
See Friday's highlights above.
- Purdue baseball wins again, Boilers pulling closer in conference standings
- Highlights: Purdue beats Penn State, Boilers advance to conference title game
- Boiler Brass alumni are back
- Purdue, People's Brewing release second university licensed beer 'Boiler Black'
- Purdue fans say Boilers are Final Four bound
- Greater Lafayette's Boiler 11U Volleyball team wins national title
- Purdue baseball notches 4th conference sweep, holds nation's longest active win streak
- Purdue's 'Scale Up' Conference underway
- 4th Annual Boiler Con happening Saturday
- Purdue WBB locks down Wisconsin for first conference win