WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — On Thursday, Purdue extended head football coach Jeff Brohm’s contract through 2024. The Purdue University Board of Trustees announced the decision Thursday at a special meeting and executive session.
Along with the additional two years, Brohm will receive a pay raise as well. The extension will bump up his salary by $500,000 for 2018, making his salary $3.5 million. There will be incremental increases after 2018. Brohm will earn $4.2 million in 2024.
Brohm was hired in late 2016 and originally signed a six-year contract. He is the 36th full-time head football coach in Purdue history.
The Board of Trustees said the extension is a reflection of how pleased they are with Brohm's leadership and the football program.
In 2017, the Boilermakers achieved a 7-6 record, they finished tied for third place in the Big Ten Conference West Division and they defeated Arizona 38-35 in the Foster Farms Bowl.
Season ticket sales were up 15.7 percent and student season tickets were up 17.2 percent.
"We led the country in the average per game attendance increase last year here in our football program. We averaged over 13,000 plus fans over the previous year per game, which is far in a way the biggest in the country," said Mike Bobinski, Purdue's Intercollegiate Athletic Director.
Purdue President Mitch Daniels, Bobinski, the chair of the compensation committee, and Jeff Brohm still need to sign the contract to make it final.
Before Purdue, Brohm served as the head coach at Western Kentucky for three seasons, compiling a 30-10 record. He has won the past two Conference USA titles.
- Purdue announces contract extension for Jeff Brohm
- Purdue students react to Jeff Brohm speculation
- Purdue extends head football coach Jeff Brohm's contract for the second time in 2 years
- Clearing up the rumors surrounding Jeff Brohm's future at Purdue
- Jeff Brohm staying as head football coach at Purdue
- Purdue, Matt Painter agree on 2-year contract extension
- Brohm impressed with Purdue's defensive performance
- Purdue president's contract extended
- Jeff Brohm compares Arizona QB Khalil Tate to Lamar Jackson
- Jeff Brohm named National Coach of the Week