WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — It's louder than a thunderclap, as ear piercing as a military jet taking off, and Purdue hopes it's powerful enough to scare away opponents this football season.
Purdue Athletics has unveiled a new train horn at Ross-Ade Stadium.
The horn reaches 130 decibels which, according to audiologists, is classified at "painful."
Take a listen above!
- Purdue adds 130 dB train horn to Ross-Ade Stadium
- Take the Ross-Ade Stadium upgrade survey
- Ross-Ade Stadium is ready for renovations
- New video board for Ross-Ade Stadium
- Purdue to release survey for Ross-Ade Stadium renovation
- Purdue's 'scientific artists' prepare Ross-Ade Stadium for game day
- Texas DB Christian Gonzalez commits to Purdue
- Crews make a few upgrades to Ross-Ade Stadium
- Ross-Ade Stadium video board comes down piece by piece
- Purdue trustees to vote on naming of Ross-Ade Stadium field