WEST LAFAYATTE, Ind. (Purdue Sports) — After securing its 23rd season of 20+ wins, the Purdue volleyball team will make its 13th NCAA Tournament appearance in the last 15 years, when they face Eastern Tennessee State in the first round in Lexington, Kentucky.
The Boilermakers (23-8, 12-8 Big Ten) will face the Bucs (28-6, 15-1 SoCon), who finished first in the SoCon and are making their third NCAA appearance. Rounding out the four-team pool are No. 10 Kentucky (24-4, 18-0 SEC) and Murray State (22-9, 13-3 OVC). The host Wildcats won the Southeastern Conference title, while the Racers won the Ohio Valley Conference.
The Boilermakers are set to face ETSU at 5 p.m. ET Friday, while Kentucky and Murray State square off at 7:30 p.m. The winners of the two matches will play at 7 p.m. ET Saturday.
Purdue won the lone previous meeting with ETSU, topping the Bucs 3-0 at the Boilermaker Mortar Board Premier in West Lafayette on September 18, 2004.
Overall, Purdue has never lost in the first match of the NCAA Tournament and boasts a 21-12 record in the postseason under Shondell. Under his guidance, the program has seen seven Sweet 16 appearances as well as two trips to the Elite Eight. This is Purdue's 20th NCAA Tournament appearance in program history.
- Purdue volleyball to face Eastern Tennessee State in NCAA opener
- Purdue volleyball reacts to NCAA tournament draw
- No. 12 Purdue volleyball sweeps ETSU in NCAA Tournament opener
- Two earthquakes shake eastern Tennessee
- Purdue volleyball beats High Point, advances in NCAA Tournament
- Purdue volleyball falls to Utah in NCAA Tournament
- Purdue volleyball stays perfect on opening day
- Purdue volleyball tops Ohio in season opener
- Purdue volleyball stuns No. Minnesota
- Purdue volleyball defeats Oakland, 3-1