NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. (Purdue Sports) — No. 15 Purdue (21-7, 11-6 B1G) served Rutgers (5-24, 0-17 B1G) off the floor with 11 service aces to sweep the Scarlet Knights 25-19, 25-11, 25-18 and earn its fourth straight victory at College Ave. Gym. The Boilermakers were locked in on defense, out-digging the Scarlet Knights 40-29 and holding the opposition to a .043 hitting percentage on the night.
Five Boilermakers registered six digs or more with Azariah Stahl leading Purdue with nine saves complemented by three blocks and two aces in the contest. Ashley Evans and Brooke Peters each finished with seven digs to their credit while Evans set the offense on 31 of its 33 kills, added a pair of aces and a pair of blocks. Carissa Damler and Jena Otec both earned six digs while the freshman, Otec, aced the Scarlet Knights three times to match Sherridan Atkinson for the team-leading total.
Atkinson was one of two Boilermakers to tally double-digit kills as the right side hitter matched Danielle Cuttino with 10 kills. Cuttino registered a .333 hitting percentage while denying the Scarlet Knights three times. Shavona Cuttino was also efficient in the middle, adding four kills on six errorless swings to earn a .667 hitting percentage with three blocks.
Purdue now has its sights set on its final road match of the regular season against the Wolverines in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The matchup is set for 7 p.m. ET at Cliff Keen Arena.
- Purdue volleyball wins fourth straight, tops Rutgers 3-0
- HIGHLIGHTS: Purdue eases by Rutgers for 10th straight win
- Minnesota snaps Purdue's four-match winning streak, top Boilermakers 3-0
- HIGHLIGHTS: Purdue volleyball ends 3-game skid, sweeps Rutgers at home
- No. 13 Purdue Volleyball wins sixth straight, tops Michigan State 3-1
- Purdue baseball wins for Landyn; 4-0 over Rutgers
- Purdue baseball beats Rutgers 9-4 clinching series win
- Purdue women upset #21 Rutgers, 47-33
- Pacers rout Hawks 116-93, win fourth straight game
- Purdue volleyball stuns No. Minnesota