A Boilermaker football player is now the president of the Purdue University student body.
Aaron Banks, a walk-on quarterback for Purdue, was announced the winner Tuesday night. Student voting was held all last week.
Banks and his Vice President candidate Olivia Keller told News 18 their mission was to bring attention to what is going on inside the classrooms at Purdue.
In addition to student government and the football team, Banks is involved in the National Society of Black Engineers and a fraternity.
The two will take over for outgoing President Sam Eschker and Vice President Jon Jones.
- Purdue University student body elects a new president
- Purdue University student receives prestigious scholarship
- Purdue University professor elected to prestigious science organization
- Purdue officially launches Purdue University Global
- Purdue president's contract extended
- Purdue University's Horticulture Park reopens
- Summer construction at Purdue University
- Happy 150th Birthday, Purdue University
- More and more Purdue University students seek mental health services
- Purdue students call on university to make a statement