WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (Purdue Sports) — Purdue and UConn have agreed to play a home-and-home series in football. The Boilermakers will travel to East Hartford, Connecticut, on Sept. 11, 2021, to play at Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field, and the Huskies will visit Ross-Ade Stadium on Sept. 13, 2025.
Purdue and UConn have not previously met on the football field. The Huskies are a member of the American Athletic Conference, which was founded in 2013. Purdue has faced four current AAC members, compiling a 4-4-1 record: Central Florida (2-0), Cincinnati (1-2), Navy (0-2) and Southern Methodist (1-0-1). However, the only game the Boilermakers have played against a school in the AAC at the time of the meeting is Cincinnati on Sept. 10, 2016, at Ross-Ade.
Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field, which opened in 2003 with a UConn win over Indiana, seats 38,000 and features a natural grass playing surface. It has hosted a wide variety of other athletic, cultural and civic events, including international soccer, rugby, lacrosse and major concerts like The Rolling Stones, The Police and Bruce Springsteen.
The AAC is a "Group of Five" conference, which shares one automatic spot in the New Year's Six bowl games.
- Purdue, UConn schedule home-and-home football series
- Purdue and Syracuse schedule 2-game, home-and-home series
- Purdue releases spring football schedule
- Lafayette Jeff, West Lafayette schedule football series
- Purdue falls to No. 2 UConn 86-40
- Purdue women's basketball to play UConn in Paradise Jam
- Purdue announces parking, traffic plans for first home football game
- Airbnb hosts made big money during Purdue home football games
- Purdue set for Northwestern series
- Purdue wrestling splits duals in home-opener