WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The West Lafayette Police Department is investigating an early morning armed robbery.
It happened at 108 S. River Rd. around 3:00 a.m. on Saturday. The victim reports the suspect displayed a black handgun during the incident. The suspect got away with the victim's car keys, wallet, and cellphone.
West Lafayette Police say it's unclear if this is the same suspect involved in the armed robbery on Purdue University's campus nearly one-hour before this incident.
Purdue University police are looking for the suspect involved in an armed robbery Saturday morning.
It happened at 1:45 a.m in the 100 block of Pierce Street, on a gravel lot near the Wood Street Parking garage. Police report two students were robbed of cellphones and wallets.
The suspect fled on foot west toward Wood Street Parking Garage. Police are warning people to avoid the area, however, they say there is no threat to the area.
This is a developing story.
- Two early morning armed robberies reported in West Lafayette
- Man sentenced in West Lafayette armed robbery
- Armed robbery reported on Lafayette's east side
- Police investigate report of armed robbery at Lafayette Vitamin Shoppe
- Lafayette man sentenced for armed robbery
- Suspect charged with Lafayette armed robbery
- Lafayette police investigating three weekend armed robberies
- Arrest made in West Lafayette bank robbery
- West Lafayette residents react to two armed robberies in their area
- Lafayette police investigating early morning shooting